FIFA Football 2004, also known as FIFA Soccer 2004 in North America, is a football video game developed by EA Canada and published by Electronic Arts. It was released in October 2003 with the tagline "Create Brilliance".
FIFA Football 2004 is the eleventh game in the FIFA series and the eighth to be in 3D. While not adding much to the engine used inFIFA Football 2003, the biggest new inclusions were secondary divisions, which allow the player to take lower ranked teams to promotion attempts. Gameplay has a new feature dubbed "Off the ball", which allows the control of two players at the same time for greater tactical play. Another key feature was Football Fusion, which allows owners of both FIFA 2004 and Total Club Manager 2004to play games from the management sim in FIFA. The title sequence was filmed in St James' Park, home of Newcastle United, with the opening song being Kings of Leon's European hit "Red Morning Light".
Reviews of the game were mostly positive. Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine awarded the game 5 out of 5 whilst Official UK PlayStation Magazine scored the game 8 out of 10. As for the Xbox version it was given an 8.4 out of 10 and a 7.8 out of 10 for the PC version on GameSpot. On GameSpot, it was said that "you'd be crazy not to give it a try" if you're interested in sports.
Source: Soundtrack list at IGN
- The Dandy Warhols: "We Used to Be Friends"
- Asian Dub Foundation: "Rise To The Challenge"
- Babamania : "Wanna Rock"
- Café Tacuba: "Eo" (El Sonidero)
- The Cooper Temple Clause: "Promises, Promises"
- DJ Sensei: "Musica Grande"
- Kasabian: "L.S.F"
- Kings Of Leon: "Red Morning Light"
- Caesars: "Jerk It Out"
- Goldfrapp: "Train"
- Paul van Dyk: "Nothing But You"
- The Jam: "Town Called Malice"
- Kane: "Rain Down on Me" (Tiesto Remix)
- Radiohead: "Myxomatosis"
- Junior Senior: "Rhythm Bandits"
- The Stone Roses: "Fools Gold"
- Tosca: "Gute Laune"
- Lostprophets: "Burn Burn"
- The Raveonettes: "That Great Love Sound"
- Suburbia: "Always"
- The Clones: "Crazy Boys"
- The Individuals: "Take A Ride"
- Timo Maas: "Unite"
- Tribalistas: "Já Sei Namorar"
- Underworld: "Two Months Off"
- Vicentico: "Se Despierta La Ciudad"
- Wir sind Helden: "Guten Tag "
- Zeca Pagodinho: "Deixa A Vida Me Levar"